In cooperation with our hosting providers, we make every effort to protect the databases as well as possible against unauthorized access, loss, misuse or forgery.
We would like to point out that data transmission over the Internet (e.g. communication by e-mail) may have security gaps. A complete protection of data against access by third parties is not possible.
By using this website, you agree to the collection, processing and use of data in accordance with the following description. This website can be visited without registration. Data such as pages called up or the name of the file called up, date and time are stored on the server for statistical purposes without these data being directly related to your person. Personal data, in particular name, address or e-mail address are collected on a voluntary basis as far as possible. The data will not be passed on to third parties without your consent.
Processing of personal data
Personal data is all information that relates to an identified or identifiable person. Processing includes any handling of personal data, irrespective of the means and procedures used, in particular the storage, disclosure, procurement, deletion, storage, modification, destruction and use of personal data.
We process personal data in accordance with Swiss data protection law. In addition, we process personal data – insofar and to the extent that the EU DSGVO is applicable – in accordance with the following legal principles in connection with Art. 6 Para. 1 DSGVO:
- lit. a) Processing of personal data with the consent of the person concerned.
- lit. b) Processing of personal data for the purpose of fulfilling a contract with the data subject and for carrying out appropriate pre-contractual measures.
- lit. c) Processing of personal data for the fulfilment of a legal obligation to which we are subject under any applicable law of the EU or under any applicable law of a country in which the DPA applies in whole or in part.
- lit. d) Processing of personal data to protect vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person.
- lit. f) Processing of personal data to safeguard the legitimate interests of us or of third parties, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental freedoms and rights of the data subject. Legitimate interests are in particular our commercial interest in being able to provide our website, information security, the enforcement of our own legal claims and compliance with Swiss law.
We process personal data for as long as is necessary for the respective purpose or purposes. In the case of longer-term storage obligations due to legal and other obligations to which we are subject, we restrict processing accordingly.
Our website uses so-called cookies. These are small text files that are stored on your end device with the help of the browser. They do not cause any damage.
If you do not wish this, you can set up your browser so that it informs you when cookies are set and you only allow this in individual cases. In the following we have compiled links where you will find detailed information on how to deactivate cookies in common browsers:
If you disable cookies, the functionality of our website may be limited.
This website uses SSL/TLS encryption for reasons of security and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as the requests you send to us as the site operator. You can recognise an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of your browser changes from “http://” to “https://” and by the lock symbol in your browser line.
If the SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data that you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
Server log files
The provider of this website automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically sends to us. These are:
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
These data cannot be assigned to specific persons. A consolidation of this data with other data sources is not carried out. We reserve the right to check these data subsequently if we become aware of concrete indications of illegal use.
Services from third parties
We use third party services to provide our services in a durable, user-friendly, secure and reliable manner. Such services also serve to embed content into our website. Such services – for example, hosting and storage services, video services and payment services – require your Internet Protocol (IP) address, otherwise such services will not be able to transmit the relevant content. Such services may be located outside Switzerland and the European Economic Area (EEA), provided that adequate data protection is guaranteed.
For their own security-related, statistical and technical purposes, third parties whose services we use may also process data in connection with our offer and from other sources – including cookies, log files and counting pixels – in aggregated, anonymised or pseudonymised form.
General disclaimer of liability
All information on our website has been carefully checked. We make every effort to ensure that the information we offer is up-to-date, correct and complete. Nevertheless, the occurrence of errors cannot be completely ruled out, which means that we cannot guarantee the completeness, correctness and topicality of information, including journalistic and editorial information. Liability claims arising from material or non-material damage caused by the use of the information provided are excluded, unless there is evidence of wilful intent or gross negligence.
The publisher can change or delete texts at his own discretion and without notice and is not obliged to update the contents of this website. The use or access to this website is at the visitor’s own risk. The publisher, his clients or partners are not responsible for damages, such as direct, indirect, accidental, in advance concretely to be determined or consequential damages, which are allegedly caused by the visit of this website and therefore do not assume any liability.
The publisher also accepts no responsibility or liability for the content and availability of third-party websites that can be accessed via external links on this website. The content of linked sites is the sole responsibility of their operators. The publisher thus expressly distances itself from all third-party content that may be relevant under criminal or liability law or that is contrary to public decency.
Right to confirmation
Every data subject has the right to obtain confirmation from the website operator as to whether personal data relating to him are being processed. If you wish to exercise this right of confirmation, you can contact the data protection officer at any time.
Right to information
Every person affected by the processing of personal data has the right to receive free information from the operator of this website at any time about the personal data stored about him and a copy of this information. In addition, the following information may also be provided if necessary:
- the processing purposes
- the categories of personal data processed
- the recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed
- if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining this duration
- the existence of a right of rectification or erasure of personal data relating to them or of a right of objection to their processing by the controller
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority
- if the personal data are not collected from the data subject: All available information on the origin of the data
The data subject shall also have the right to obtain information as to whether personal data have been transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. If this is the case, the data subject shall also have the right to obtain information on the appropriate safeguards relating to the transfer.
If you wish to exercise this right of information, you can contact our data protection officer at any time.
Right of rectification
Any person concerned by the processing of personal data shall have the right to obtain the rectification without delay of inaccurate personal data concerning him. The data subject shall also have the right to obtain the completion of incomplete personal data, including by means of a supplementary declaration, having regard to the purposes of the processing.
If you wish to exercise this right of correction, you can contact our data protection officer at any time.
Right to deletion
Any person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right to obtain from the controller of this website the immediate deletion of personal data relating to him or her, where one of the following reasons applies and where the processing is not necessary:
- the personal data have been collected or otherwise processed for purposes for which they are no longer necessary
- the data subject withdraws the consent on which the processing was based and there is no other legal basis for the processing
- particular situation and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for processing, or, in the case of direct marketing and related profiling, the data subject objects to the processing
- The personal data were processed unlawfully
- The deletion of personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which the controller is subject
- The personal data were collected in relation to information society services provided directly to a child
If one of the above reasons applies and you wish to have personal data stored by the operator of this website deleted, you can contact our data protection officer at any time. The data protection officer of this website will ensure that the request for deletion is complied with immediately.
Right to limitation of processing
Any person affected by the processing of personal data has the right to request the controller of this website to limit the processing if one of the following conditions is met:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period of time which allows the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data
- The processing is unlawful, the data subject refuses to have the personal data deleted and instead requests that the use of the personal data be restricted
- the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but the data subject needs them in order to exercise or defend his rights
- The data subject has lodged an objection to the processing for reasons arising from his or her particular situation and it is not yet clear whether the legitimate reasons given by the controller outweigh those given by the data subject
If one of the above-mentioned prerequisites is given, you may request the restriction of personal data stored by the operator of this website, you can contact our data protection officer at any time. The data protection officer of this website will arrange for the restriction of processing.
Right to data transferability
Any person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right to obtain the personal data concerning him/her in a structured, standard and machine-readable format. He/she also has the right to have these data communicated to another controller if the legal requirements are met.
Furthermore, the data subject has the right to obtain that the personal data be transferred directly from one person in charge to another person in so far as this is technically feasible and provided that this does not affect the rights and freedoms of other persons.
To assert the right to data transfer, you can contact the data protection officer appointed by the operator of this website at any time.
Right of objection
Any person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to his particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him.
In the event of such an objection, the operator of this website will no longer process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling reasons for processing that are worthy of protection, which outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the person concerned, or if the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
To exercise your right to object, you can contact the data protection officer of this website directly.
Right to revoke a consent under data protection law
Any person affected by the processing of personal data has the right to withdraw his or her consent to the processing of personal data at any time.
If you wish to exercise your right to revoke a consent, you can contact our data protection officer at any time.
If you have any questions regarding data protection, please send us an e-mail:
Dr. med. Armin Koch